NYPD: Deli robbers kick down door to nowhere

NYPD: Deli robbers kick down door to nowhere

Posted: Updated:
Police said the suspects used this .32 caliber Rossi revolver and .45 caliber Hi-Point semiautomatic pistol. (NYPD photo) Police said the suspects used this .32 caliber Rossi revolver and .45 caliber Hi-Point semiautomatic pistol. (NYPD photo)
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

Police arrested two alleged armed robbers at a deli in Brooklyn when the suspects tried to escape out a supposed back door only to discover they had nowhere to go.

Security camera video shows the suspects kicking down a red door that led to a bathroom at the Gourmet Buffalo Deli at 53 Buffalo Avenue in Bed-Stuy on January 16, 2013.

The suspects, realizing they couldn't escape, are seen on the video seemingly unsure of what to do. They are seen emptying their pockets of the money they allegedly stole and then ditching their guns before surrendering to cops.

Police identified the suspects as Isaiah Henderson, 20, and James Gillespie, 23, both of Brooklyn, and charged them with robbery, criminal possession of a weapon, unlawful imprisonment, and menacing.

The NYPD said that during the robbery the men repeatedly assaulted a store employee.

Cops said they recovered a .32 caliber Rossi revolver and a .45 caliber Hi-Point semiautomatic pistol.

  • Brooklyn NewsBrooklyn NewsMore>>

  • Whitewashed American flags raised at Brooklyn Bridge

    Whitewashed American flags raised at Brooklyn Bridge

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 11:40 AM EDT2014-07-22 15:40:39 GMT
    Police responded to the Brooklyn Bridge where two whitewashed American flags were raised on Tuesday. It is not clear who raised the flags or why. The American flags that are normally up at the bridge appeared to have been removed. The white flags were placed on the stone supports that hold cables above the span. Several officers scaled the bridge and lowered one of the flags at about 11 a.m. and the second about 20 minutes later.
    Police responded to the Brooklyn Bridge where two whitewashed American flags were raised on Tuesday. It is not clear who raised the flags or why. The American flags that are normally up at the bridge appeared to have been removed. The white flags were placed on the stone supports that hold cables above the span. Several officers scaled the bridge and lowered one of the flags at about 11 a.m. and the second about 20 minutes later.
  • Polluted Gowanus Canal doesn't scare away neighborhood development

    Polluted Gowanus Canal doesn't scare away neighborhood development

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 8:57 AM EDT2014-07-22 12:57:02 GMT
    Every day, those who live and work in the Gowanus section of Brooklyn drive and bike and walk across their canal, growing a little more accustomed to but no less disgusted by its scent and appearance. Once the busiest canal in the United States, the Gowanus now bears the distinction as perhaps the most polluted body of water in the nation. No one knows exactly how polluted because few have summoned enough courage to dive into its murky depths to investigate.
    Every day, those who live and work in the Gowanus section of Brooklyn drive and bike and walk across their canal, growing a little more accustomed to but no less disgusted by its scent and appearance. Once the busiest canal in the United States, the Gowanus now bears the distinction as perhaps the most polluted body of water in the nation. No one knows exactly how polluted because few have summoned enough courage to dive into its murky depths to investigate.
  • reBar wedding venue owner gets 10-year sentence

    reBar wedding venue owner gets 10-year sentence

    Tuesday, July 22 2014 6:19 AM EDT2014-07-22 10:19:21 GMT
    The owner of a popular Brooklyn restaurant that closed abruptly and left dozen of couples without a wedding venue has been sentenced to up to 10 years in prison. Jason Stevens pleaded guilty last month to grand larceny and criminal tax fraud charges. He closed his restaurant, reBar, without warning in May.
    The owner of a popular Brooklyn restaurant that closed abruptly and left dozen of couples without a wedding venue has been sentenced to up to 10 years in prison. Jason Stevens pleaded guilty last month to grand larceny and criminal tax fraud charges. He closed his restaurant, reBar, without warning in May.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices