Gwinnett mom says threatening student allowed to return to class

Gwinnett mom says threatening student allowed to return to class

Posted: Updated:
GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. -

A Gwinnett County mother says she might pull her son out of class after learning the boy who allegedly threatened to kill her child is now back in school.

Marcia Martin believes her son's safety is at risk now the 13-year-old boy accused of threatening her 7th grader and other students at North Gwinnett Middle School is being allowed to return to class.

"I can't do it. I cannot live feeling like what is going on with him at school, what is going to happen. It's too much for me. This has been going on since November," said Martin.

According to a Gwinnett Schools Police report, a 13-year-old boy threatened to kill 14 students with a knife on Nov. 12. The Buford mother says the boy called her son by name when he made the threat.

"The kid came into class and…he pointed to all the children and said that he was going to kill them, and he said that he had a knife and it was in his lunch box," Martin.

School officials confirmed on Tuesday that disciplinary actions were taken against the student before he was allowed to return to school. Authorities say the student's schedule was changed to ensure he was not in class with Martin's son.

However, Martin says her son saw the boy who made the threats for the first time last week.  She says the boy stared at her son in a menacing way and she fears there is nothing to stop the student who, according to the police report, has a developmental disorder from doing something dangerous.

"I want to know why they allowed a kid that threatened 14 kids and had a knife -- the knife was found --why did they allow him back to school? He is a threat to not only those kids but other kids as well," Martin said.

School officials confirm they found a pocket knife on the accused student's belongings, but not on school grounds.

  • More Local NewsMore>>

  • Man leads Rockdale Deputies on 100mph chase

    Man leads Rockdale Deputies on 100mph chase

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 3:20 PM EDT2014-04-23 19:20:03 GMT
    A South Carolina man fleeing from deputies crashed his car and had to be pulled from the wreckage after it burst into flames.
    A South Carolina man fleeing from deputies crashed his car and had to be pulled from the wreckage after it burst into flames.
  • Manchester High evacuated over 'text message' bomb threat

    Manchester High evacuated over 'text message' bomb threat

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 12:36 PM EDT2014-04-23 16:36:51 GMT
    Students at Manchester High School were evacuated from the building late Wednesday morning following a reported bomb threat.
    Students at Manchester High School were evacuated from the building late Wednesday morning following a reported bomb threat.
  • Use of force 'not justified' in officer shooting of Bartow teen

    Use of force 'not justified' in officer shooting of Bartow teen

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 11:20 AM EDT2014-04-23 15:20:30 GMT
    A Bartow County Grand Jury has stated that the use of deadly force in the February shooting of a teen was 'not justified'. Christopher Roupe, 17, was fatally shot by Euharlee officer who claimed the teen answered the door with a gun.
    A Bartow County Grand Jury has stated that the use of deadly force in the February shooting of a teen was 'not justified'. Christopher Roupe, 17, was fatally shot by Euharlee officer who claimed the teen answered the door with a gun.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices