NYPD searching for suspect in attempted luring of 2 teens

Suspect in child lurings sought

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

Police are looking for the man suspected of luring two different teenage girls in Queens . 

Authorities released a composite sketch of the suspect. 

Police say the man pulled up alongside a 13-year-old girl in his Cadillac Escalade on Northern Boulevard near 102nd Street in the Corona section on Friday night.   Police say he started talking with the girl and when she tried to walk away, he got out of his SUV and grabbed her by the arm. 

The girl was able to get away. 

Later that night, the same man approached a 14-year-old girl near Northern Boulevard and Parsons Boulevard in Flushing. The victim was also able to get away. 

Police say the suspect is a light-skinned Hispanic man, about 30-35 year old, 5'7"-5'9", 170 pounds, wearing a black jacket, dark pants and a blue collared shirt. 

Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS (8477).

  • Queens NewsQueens NewsMore>>

  • Almost all NYC pre-K centers ready

    Almost all NYC pre-K centers ready

    Friday, August 22 2014 7:48 PM EDT2014-08-22 23:48:37 GMT
    Nearly all 1,100 facilities providing services in the city's new universal pre-kindergarten program are ready to open on time after passing health and safety inspections. City officials said Friday they expect the eight remaining pre-K schools to remedy violations by Sept. 4's opening day. If they don't, affected children will be temporarily enrolled in other facilities.
    Nearly all 1,100 facilities providing services in the city's new universal pre-kindergarten program are ready to open on time after passing health and safety inspections. City officials said Friday they expect the eight remaining pre-K schools to remedy violations by Sept. 4's opening day. If they don't, affected children will be temporarily enrolled in other facilities.
  • U.S. Open preview

    U.S. Open preview

    Friday, August 22 2014 4:52 PM EDT2014-08-22 20:52:40 GMT
    Heading into the U.S. Open, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray have won 36 of the past 38 Grand Slam titles, a stretch dating to the 2005 French Open. Nowadays, there seems to be a growing sense — or hope, maybe — among the best of the rest on the men's tennis tour that the quartet might be more vulnerable than ever.
    Heading into the U.S. Open, Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray have won 36 of the past 38 Grand Slam titles, a stretch dating to the 2005 French Open. Nowadays, there seems to be a growing sense — or hope, maybe — among the best of the rest on the men's tennis tour that the quartet might be more vulnerable than ever.
  • 1990 arson-murder rap tossed, Queens man is set free

    1990 arson-murder rap tossed, Queens man is set free

    A former New York businessman whose arson-murder conviction was overturned in the death of his daughter was freed from prison Friday after 24 years behind bars, following a judge's ruling that the case against him had been based on now-debunked arson science.
    A former New York businessman whose arson-murder conviction was overturned in the death of his daughter was freed from prison Friday after 24 years behind bars, following a judge's ruling that the case against him had been based on now-debunked arson science.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices