Suit alleges child ate condom found at McDonald`s

Suit alleges child ate condom found at McDonald`s

Posted: Updated:
CHICAGO (Associated Press) -

A lawsuit against McDonald's alleges a child ate a used condom he found in the play area of 1 of the chain's Chicago restaurants.

The suit was filed Wednesday on behalf of Anishi Spencer and her two sons, who were 3 and 2 years old at the time of the alleged incident in February 2012.

The mother alleges the 2-year-old coughed up a piece of the condom and that both children required medical treatment.

The suit accuses McDonald's of failing to remove harmful debris from an area used by children.

McDonald's said Thursday it was investigating. It added in a statement that "providing a safe, clean environment is a top priority."

The woman's attorney, Jeffrey Deutschman, says he tried for months to reach a settlement but got no response.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Follow Us!

Share Your Photos & Video

  • Metro HeadlinesMore>>

  • Woman shot, killed at Gary home

    Woman shot, killed at Gary home

    Thursday, April 24 2014 1:03 PM EDT2014-04-24 17:03:50 GMT
    A mother of three was shot to death early Thursday at an northwest Indiana home where she had been staying with a girlfriend, the Post-Tribune is reporting.
    A mother of three was shot to death early Thursday at an northwest Indiana home where she had been staying with a girlfriend, the Post-Tribune is reporting.
  • City council considering garbage collection fee

    City council considering garbage collection fee

    Thursday, April 24 2014 12:56 PM EDT2014-04-24 16:56:22 GMT
    Chicago residents may soon be paying more for garbage to help pay for the city's pension mess.
    Chicago residents may soon be paying more for garbage to help pay for the city's pension mess.
  • Man charged in police chase that injured 5 at bus stop

    Man charged in police chase that injured 5 at bus stop

    Thursday, April 24 2014 11:45 AM EDT2014-04-24 15:45:16 GMT
    A South Side man has been charged in connection with a police chase Tuesday night that ended when his vehicle collided with another vehicle and crashed into a bus stop, injuring five people in the Roseland neighborhood.
    A South Side man has been charged in connection with a police chase Tuesday night that ended when his vehicle collided with another vehicle and crashed into a bus stop, injuring five people in the Roseland neighborhood.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices