Broadway show holds open auditions

Broadway show holds open auditions

Posted: Updated:
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) -

The nationwide casting search for the Broadway and national tour of Motown: The Musical is on.

Hundreds of people came out for a rare chance to audition in a real Broadway theatre.

The search is on and there was plenty of talent.

Casting director Bernie Telsey says the Lunt-Fontanne Theatre was filled with more Broadway hopefuls than expected.

"We are seeing anything and everything that sings we are looking for people to play those famous icons like Diana Ross, Smokey Robsinson, Steveie Wonder and Michael Jackson," Telsey says. "It's a cast of over 30 we are looking for singers and dancers."

The casting directors keep track of who they'd like to see for a "call back" and organize their headshots accrodingly.

Downstairs, more auditions were going on accompanied by a piano player.

Tomorrow auditions will continue in Chicago for Motown the Musical.

More Details

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
  • Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Woman wanted for baby snatch attempt in custody

    Friday, April 18 2014 9:57 PM EDT2014-04-19 01:57:17 GMT
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
    Police have taken into custody the woman believed to have tried to push a stroller with a baby inside away from a nanny in Chelsea. Tara Anne McDonald, 46, was being evaluated at a hospital Friday night. The attempted kidnapping occurred on 8th Ave. and 17th St. at about 3:45 p.m. on Thursday, police said.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices