Student helps extinguish flames on classmate

Student helps extinguish flames on classmate

Posted: Updated:

A student who helped extinguish a classmate who caught on fire is speaking about the event.

The accident happened when a science experiment at Douglasville High School went horribly wrong.

A girl standing nearby caught fire, so Will Wheeler and a teacher jumped in to help.

"I remember hearing a bang, turning and looking and seeing her hit the ground on fire," Wheeler said.  "I froze up for a little bit and then I just ran into the room to get the fire blanket and then I threw it on her and that's really all I remember."

The female student was transported to the hospital with burns covering approximately 25 percent of her upper body. Doctors expect her to make a full recovery.

Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices