Ryan Seacrest to Continue Hosting New Year's Rockin' Eve

Ryan Seacrest to Continue Hosting New Year's Rockin' Eve

Posted: Updated:

SANTA MONICA (CNS/KTTV) - Ryan Seacrest will continue to produce and host "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve" under a "multi-year" contract extension announced today.

Seacrest began co-hosting the show with Clark in 2005, but he took over full-time hosting duties last year following Clark's death.

"I think I will forever be both sentimental and grateful about my experiences with `Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve,"' Seacrest said, thanking Dick Clark Productions' CEO Allen Shapiro for continuing their partnership.

"I'm humbled by their continued faith, and excited to work together to create new traditions and fun moments on the show that only live television can deliver," he said.

The show will continue to be aired on ABC. The exact length of the contract extension with Seacrest was not announced.

"Ryan and I started this partnership together in 2005," Shapiro said. "He has been a key factor in the extended and expanded success of the show.

It's very difficult to take over a franchise created by an icon and grow it. Ryan has done just that."

  • Los Angeles & SoCal NewsLos Angeles & SoCal NewsMore>>

  • Police: 5 Arrests in Killing of USC Student

    Police: 5 Arrests in Killing of USC Student

    Police say two adults and two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of murder in the killing of a Chinese foreign exchange student from the University of Southern California.
    Police say two adults and two teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of murder in the killing of a Chinese foreign exchange student from the University of Southern California.
  • Family and Friends in Disbelief After Loss of 20-year-old After Lightning Strike

    Family and Friends in Disbelief After Loss of 20-year-old After Lightning Strike

    Monday, July 28 2014 11:50 PM EDT2014-07-29 03:50:06 GMT
    It was a gut-wrenching scene on Venice Beach Sunday afternoon after a man in a wetsuit was pulled out of the water after the lightning strike.  A helicopter search followed a report by a witness of 20-year-old Nick Fagnano floating in the water.
    It was a gut-wrenching scene on Venice Beach Sunday afternoon after a man in a wetsuit was pulled out of the water after the lightning strike.  A helicopter search followed a report by a witness of 20-year-old Nick Fagnano floating in the water.
  • Judge Rules Shelly Sterling Acted Appropriately

    Judge Rules Shelly Sterling Acted Appropriately

    Monday, July 28 2014 11:31 PM EDT2014-07-29 03:31:34 GMT
    Clippers owner Donald Sterling repeatedly consented to his wife selling the Clippers while facing the prospect of being stripped of the team by the NBA, then suddenly changed his mind and disregarded the terms of the family trust, Shelly Sterling's attorney told a judge today.
    Shelly Sterling acted properly in removing her husband as a director of the family trust that owns the Los Angeles Clippers, and she has the authority to sell the team despite Donald Sterling's objections, a judge tentatively ruled on Monday.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices