Police Investigate Possible Tainted Halloween Candy

Police Investigate Possible Tainted Halloween Candy

Posted: Updated:
Moreno Valley, CA -

(FOX 11) On November, 2, 2013, at 9:00 P.M. a child was taken to a local hospital after exhibiting symptoms of someone who had ingested an illegal drug.  Earlier in the evening the child had been playing with other kids at a neighbor's house.  The child's mother took the child home after about thirty minutes.  Within minutes of arriving home, the child began exhibiting symptoms of being under the influence.  The child's mother immediately took the child to a local hospital.

During the investigation, officers discovered the child may have consumed candy that was tampered with.  The ingested candy was believed to have been collected while trick-or-treating on Halloween in the 25000 block of Calabria Way, Moreno Valley.  At this time, there have been no other reports of anyone in the community becoming ill from ingesting tampered candies.

The department would like to remind parents to tell their children not to eat treats until parents have inspected them.  Do not give homemade or unwrapped treats to children and discard any items which may appeared to be tampered with.

(Source: Moreno Valley Police)

  • Share ThisMore>>

  • Anaheim's Wonderful WonderCon

    Anaheim's Wonderful WonderCon

    Saturday, April 19 2014 9:01 PM EDT2014-04-20 01:01:06 GMT
    It's Easter weekend and while some may be spending their time at Mass, there is a group of passionate people showing up in mass to celebrate their favorite superheroes at the Anaheim WondeCon.
    It's Easter weekend and while some may be spending their time at Mass, there is a group of passionate people showing up in mass to celebrate their favorite superheroes at the Anaheim WondeCon.
  • Kidnapping "Prank" Goes Bad, Parents Not Amused

    Kidnapping "Prank" Goes Bad, Parents Not Amused

    Friday, April 18 2014 1:58 PM EDT2014-04-18 17:58:38 GMT
    Twins brothers with a YouTube channel filled with their pranks say they weren't trying to make a joke. Serious intentions or not, a park full of parents were not amused by their latest stunt. This video is a must-see!
    Twins brothers with a YouTube channel filled with their pranks say they weren't trying to make a joke. Serious intentions or not, a park full of parents were not amused by their latest stunt. This video is a must-see!
  • Griffith Park Mountain Lion Found Sick, Possibly Poisoned

    Griffith Park Mountain Lion Found Sick, Possibly Poisoned

    Thursday, April 17 2014 3:26 PM EDT2014-04-17 19:26:14 GMT
    Rat poison may be responsible for the sorry condition of a wild mountain lion in LA's Griffith Park. The mountain lion is known to the National Park Service as ‘P-22'.
    Rat poison may be responsible for the sorry condition of a wild mountain lion in LA's Griffith Park. The mountain lion is known to the National Park Service as ‘P-22'.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices