Charge temporarily dismissed in case of slain Wayne St. student

Charge temporarily dismissed in case of slain Wayne St. student

Posted: Updated:

DETROIT (AP) -- A misdemeanor charge temporarily has been dismissed against one of two men arrested following the fatal shooting of a Wayne State University law student.

The Wayne County prosecutor's office says a Detroit judge on Thursday dismissed a receiving and concealing stolen property charge against 34-year-old Robert Windsor because the alleged criminal activity was committed in Highland Park, not Detroit.

The warrant was expected to be re-issued in Highland Park District Court. Highland Park is an enclave of Detroit.

Tiane Brown was found shot to death last month in her vehicle on Detroit's east side.

Windsor is charged with possessing her stolen phone. Michael Booker is charged with several crimes related to taking property from Brown before her body was discovered.

They aren't considered suspects in Brown's death.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Evan Reed arraigned on sexual assault charges

    Evan Reed arraigned on sexual assault charges

    Thursday, July 31 2014 2:21 PM EDT2014-07-31 18:21:35 GMT
    Minor league pitcher Evan Reed has been arraigned on charges of sexually assaulting a woman at a downtown Detroit hotel.
    Minor league pitcher Evan Reed has been arraigned on charges of sexually assaulting a woman at a downtown Detroit hotel.
  • Two in custody on drug charges after search connected to Armada teen's murder

    Two in custody on drug charges after search connected to Armada teen's murder

    Thursday, July 31 2014 12:17 PM EDT2014-07-31 16:17:30 GMT
    The FBI and state police were at a home on Marquette Road in Goodells, Mich. most of Wednesday executing an investigative search warrant related to the murder of 14-year-old April Millsap.
    The FBI and state police were at a home on Marquette Road in Goodells, Mich. most of Wednesday executing an investigative search warrant related to the murder of 14-year-old April Millsap.
  • 24-year-old women is $66 million jackpot winner

    24-year-old women is $66 million jackpot winner

    Thursday, July 31 2014 11:26 AM EDT2014-07-31 15:26:09 GMT
    The Michigan Lottery says a Port Huron woman is the winner of a $66 million Mega Millions jackpot that was drawn in mid-June.Kelsey Zachow says in a statement that she "could barely breathe" when she learned she was the winner.
    The Michigan Lottery says a Port Huron woman is the winner of a $66 million Mega Millions jackpot that was drawn in mid-June.Kelsey Zachow says in a statement that she "could barely breathe" when she learned she was the winner.
  • Download the FOX 2 Apps


  • FOX 2 News Five-Day Forecast
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices