Brendan Ryan, Yankees agree to 2-year contract

Brendan Ryan, Yankees agree to 2-year contract

Posted: Updated:
New York Yankees New York Yankees

NEW YORK (AP) - Infielder Brendan Ryan has agreed to a two-year contract to remain with the New York Yankees in a deal that includes a mutual option for 2016.

The 31-year-old was acquired from Seattle on Sept. 10, a day before the Yankees said captain Derek Jeter would be sidelined for the rest of the season. Ryan hit .220 with one homer in 17 games and finished the season with a .197 average, four homers and 22 RBIs.

He has a .237 average in seven seasons with St. Louis (2007-10), Seattle (2011-13) and Yankees (2013).

Ryan's agreement was announced Monday.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Bronx NewsBronx NewsMore>>

  • Poll shows most New Yorkers support broken windows policy

    Poll shows most New Yorkers support broken windows policy

    Thursday, August 28 2014 8:07 AM EDT2014-08-28 12:07:14 GMT

    A new poll conducted by Quinnipiac University found overwhelming opposition to the way the arrest of Eric Garner was handled while the majority support the broken windows policy, which cracks down on low-level crimes to prevent bigger ones from occurring. Garner's death has brought the policy into the spotlight. The Staten Island man had been selling untaxed cigarettes when he was arrested. A police officer placed him in a chokehold and Garner died.

    A new poll conducted by Quinnipiac University found overwhelming opposition to the way the arrest of Eric Garner was handled while the majority support the broken windows policy, which cracks down on low-level crimes to prevent bigger ones from occurring. Garner's death has brought the policy into the spotlight. The Staten Island man had been selling untaxed cigarettes when he was arrested. A police officer placed him in a chokehold and Garner died.

  • FBI investigating reports of attacks on US banks

    FBI investigating reports of attacks on US banks

    Thursday, August 28 2014 7:35 AM EDT2014-08-28 11:35:07 GMT
    The FBI says it's working with the Secret Service to determine the scope of recently reported cyberattacks against several American financial institutions. The FBI is reportedly investigating an incident in which Russian hackers may have retaliated against U.S. government-sponsored sanctions against their country.The attack led to the loss of sensitive data.
    The FBI says it's working with the Secret Service to determine the scope of recently reported cyberattacks against several American financial institutions. The FBI is reportedly investigating an incident in which Russian hackers may have retaliated against U.S. government-sponsored sanctions against their country.The attack led to the loss of sensitive data.
  • Metro-North safety practices faulted

    Metro-North safety practices faulted

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 6:07 PM EDT2014-08-27 22:07:45 GMT
    The Metro-North Railroad has sacrificed safety for on-time performance, according to a report released Wednesday by a Metropolitan Transportation Authority panel. The report echoes an assessment conducted this year by the Federal Railroad Administration, which investigated after a string of Metro-North accidents including a December 2013 derailment that killed four riders in the Bronx.
    The Metro-North Railroad has sacrificed safety for on-time performance, according to a report released Wednesday by a Metropolitan Transportation Authority panel. The report echoes an assessment conducted this year by the Federal Railroad Administration, which investigated after a string of Metro-North accidents including a December 2013 derailment that killed four riders in the Bronx.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices