Grady High School football program under investigation

Grady High School football program under investigation

Posted: Updated:
ATLANTA, Ga. -

Atlanta Public School officials announced Monday an investigation into players and coaches of the Grady High School football program.

The investigation stems in part, from documents used to verify the students' home addresses. The documents are critical to verifying a student's eligibility to attend specific schools and athletic programs.  

Atlanta Public Schools Superintendent Erroll Davis says as many as 20 of the school's 60 players fall under the scope of the investigation.

The investigation found that some students used the same home address on paperwork filed in the school system, Davis said. Students could be transferred to other schools and face other penalties. Parents who signed the affidavits and other coaches involved could also face consequences.

Davis also announced Grady head football coach Ronnie Millen has been reassigned to another school.

The investigation began after officials received an anonymous written complaint last month, according to Davis.

  • More Local NewsMore>>

  • Man leads Rockdale Deputies on 100mph chase

    Man leads Rockdale Deputies on 100mph chase

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 3:20 PM EDT2014-04-23 19:20:03 GMT
    A South Carolina man fleeing from deputies crashed his car and had to be pulled from the wreckage after it burst into flames.
    A South Carolina man fleeing from deputies crashed his car and had to be pulled from the wreckage after it burst into flames.
  • Manchester High evacuated over 'text message' bomb threat

    Manchester High evacuated over 'text message' bomb threat

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 12:36 PM EDT2014-04-23 16:36:51 GMT
    Students at Manchester High School were evacuated from the building late Wednesday morning following a reported bomb threat.
    Students at Manchester High School were evacuated from the building late Wednesday morning following a reported bomb threat.
  • Use of force 'not justified' in officer shooting of Bartow teen

    Use of force 'not justified' in officer shooting of Bartow teen

    Wednesday, April 23 2014 11:20 AM EDT2014-04-23 15:20:30 GMT
    A Bartow County Grand Jury has stated that the use of deadly force in the February shooting of a teen was 'not justified'. Christopher Roupe, 17, was fatally shot by Euharlee officer who claimed the teen answered the door with a gun.
    A Bartow County Grand Jury has stated that the use of deadly force in the February shooting of a teen was 'not justified'. Christopher Roupe, 17, was fatally shot by Euharlee officer who claimed the teen answered the door with a gun.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices