Puppy alerts Gwinnett County family to house fire

Puppy alerts Gwinnett County family to house fire

Posted: Updated:
A family in Norcross says they wouldn't be alive if it weren't for their brand new puppy. Fire ripped through their home early on Sunday and when smoke detectors didn't do the job, their little four-legged friend did.

The Hansens family said that when their garage caught fire around 4 a.m., their 5-month-old puppy Goku woke them up.

"Even though at the time, there was no smoke in the house at all, there was no sign of fire, maybe he could smell it," said Mark Hansens.

It wasn't until the family made it outside safely that they realized just how lucky they were.

"The firefighters said if it weren't for that, it probably would have been a very different turn out," said Mark Hansens.

There were smoke detectors in the house, but for whatever reason, they didn't start going off until after fire crews arrived.

"I sleep right next to the wall that was burning, so that would have been really bad  and just all the stuff that happened is because he was us up and he was great," said Marcus Hansens.

At this point it appears the blaze was an electrical fire.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices