Woody Allen's allies cast doubt on abuse claims

Woody Allen's allies cast doubt on abuse claims

Posted: Updated:
JAKE COYLE | AP Film Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - Some of Woody Allen's close allies have come to his defense, casting doubt on renewed accusations by Dylan Farrow that she was sexually assaulted by her then adoptive father when she was 7.

Allen's lawyer, studio and publicist are among those who have weighed in on Farrow's open-letter, published online Saturday by The New York Times. In it, she contends Allen "sexually assaulted me" in a "dim, closet-like attic." She didn't specify his actions.

Allen's publicist says Allen read the article and found it "untrue and disgraceful." His lawyer says the accusations have been "fully vetted and rejected" by authorities.

The director was investigated on child molestation claims for the 1992 accusation, but was never charged. He was in a relationship with actress Mia Farrow at the time.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • Local NewsLocal NewsMore>>

  • Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Man struck and killed by NYC subway train

    Saturday, April 19 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-04-19 19:19:38 GMT
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
    A man in his 60s was killed by an oncoming train in midtown Manhattan after jumping on the tracks to grab his personal belongings that fell.
  • Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Woman in custody in NYC stroller snatch attempt

    Saturday, April 19 2014 2:55 PM EDT2014-04-19 18:55:51 GMT
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
    Police say an 8-month-old baby was nearly snatched by a stranger while being pushed down a Manhattan street in his stroller, but a bystander intervened to foil the abduction attempt.
  • Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    Family of teen shot and killed by police sues NYC

    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
    The family of a 16-year-old Brooklyn boy whose fatal shooting by police last year sparked days of protests has filed a federal wrongful death lawsuit against New York City.
Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices