9 Shot, 3 Dead During Violent Night In Philadelphia

9 Shot, 3 Dead During Violent Night In Philadelphia

Posted: Updated:

A double shooting overnight at a bar in Northeast Philadelphia caps off a very dangerous and deadly twelve hours in the city.

According to police, two people shot in the area of D Street and Wyoming Avenue in the Feltonville section of the city. One male shot twice in the back and taken to Temple University Hospital in critical condition, while another in his 20s was shot in foot and taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center.

Philly has already seen 52 murders in 69 days, and it could have been 53 if police did not rush this latest shooting victim to the emergency room in their car, FOX 29's Steve Keeley reported from the scene.

Before this the Daily News reported that Philly, with 6.8 million fewer people, already had more murders this year than New York City.

Wyoming remains closed between D and Hurley streets as police continue to investigate.

Elsewhere, police are searching for the gunman wanted in a deadly triple shooting overnight. It happened at 11:30 p.m. on the 6500 block of Limekiln Pike.

A 31-year-old man was killed and two others were rushed to the hospital, where one is in stable condition. The third victim's condition is unknown.

Authorities say the gunman fled from the scene in a white, four-door vehicle

Not far from there in Germantown, police are investigating another shooting. This one was on the 5500 hundred block of Matthews Street.

Police say a man was shot there also around 11:30 p.m. He was rushed to the hospital, with a gunshot wound to his thigh. There was no immediate word on the victim's condition Wednesday morning.

Meanwhile, seven men are in custody in connection with a deadly double shooting and standoff in the Logan section.

It happened just before 6 o'clock last night on the 1300 block of West Ruscomb Street. Authorities say more than two dozen shots were fired.

A 22-year-old man died at the scene. Another victim is now in stable condition.

Police say the suspects ran inside a nearby home, leading to a barricade situation that lasted for nearly two hours. The suspects eventually surrendered peacefully.

Police say they also recovered several weapons at the scene.

And another deadly shooting happened in Philadelphia's Olney section. A 22-year-old man was shot and killed near the campus of La Salle University late Tuesday afternoon.

Police say an argument between two men led to the shooting. The victim was not affiliated with the university.

Police are looking for the gunman.

Powered by WorldNow
Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices